Exhibit ‘A’ Brewing Company is looking for an experienced brewer to join their production team!
Job Summary: We believe that cross-training and having a working knowledge of all aspects of our production process, from wort production to cellaring, to kegging and canning, builds in needed redundancies required for our small company. A successful candidate will have mechanical aptitude and a willingness to participate in all aspects of the production process. This is an hourly full-time position that reports to our Co-Founder/Head Brewer.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintaining a safe and secure working environment within the cellar department at all times.
- Continually evaluates and updates SOPs (standard operating procedures) and standards of excellence regarding safety and production.
- Ability to create and accurately follow SOPs and understanding of specific beer process terminologies.
- Operate both manual and computer automated process equipment while maintaining our high quality standards.
- Ability to be trained to operate and maintain bottling and canning line equipment including (but not limited to) automated de-palletizer, twist rinser, can seamer, conveyor belts, bottle and can rinsers and dryers, automated date coder, Filtec check-weigher, Pack Leader PL150 labeler, accumulation conveyance systems, semi-automated bottling machine, keg washer and keg filler.
- Ability to be trained to operate and have knowledge of brewing equipment including brewhouse process equipment, fermenters, Dry Hop Inducer, pumps, grain mill and auger systems and other equipment as they relate to brewing.
- Ability to learn how to operate and maintain our Premier Stainless semi-automated keg washer and filler system.
- Ability to be trained on yeast handling, cell counting, and overall yeast management.
- Ability to be trained on our Invisible Sentinel Thermo Cycler and Hach Spectrometer for QA/QC.
- Follow personal, environmental and safety regulations and the associated SOPs
- Acts in compliance with US laws and accepted business ethics with personal and others’ safety, conservation and process efficiency in mind.
- Follows OSHA and CDC guidelines for workplace safety regarding infection transmission prevention, such as social distancing, wearing gloves and face coverings, sanitation of common surfaces, etc.
- Must be able and willing to work a variable shift schedule that is dependent upon the operational needs of the brewery.
- Must be willing to be on call in the event of equipment failure or staffing production needs. Night shifts and weekend shifts may be required due to variations in production scheduling and maintenance for equipment.
- Must demonstrate a professional and engaged demeanor at all times and treat every employee, customer, vendor, and/or client with dignity and respect in all interactions.
- Able to perform any and all required maintenance on all brewing equipment.
- Perform weekly and monthly inventory audits and reconciliation of overages/shortages of materials and parts.
- Ability to actively and effectively perform tasks, twist, stoop, dance, laugh, crouch, stand, sit, try to reach something that’s hard to reach, walk, taste beer for QA, taste beer for fun, make great decisions, make a couple less than perfect decisions and learn from them, attend a couple concerts a year, pick your favorite music to play in the brewery, stand on your feet for 8-10 hour shifts and have a good time doing it. Must be able to solo lift 55lbs off the ground and repeatedly maneuver (but NEVER solo lift!!!) up to 175lb kegs.
- Willingness to perform many other duties as needed, desired and assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Mechanical Aptitude—possess a solid mechanical-based skill set for both systems, processes and tools.
- Problem Solving—identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Planning/Organizing—prioritize and plan work activities, and use time efficiently.
- Quality Control—demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, monitor own work to ensure quality and apply feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity—meets/exceeds productivity standards and completes work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Adaptability—adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events without causing undue stress or a lapse in quality of work.
- Dependability—is punctual, can follow instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Safety & Security—Must always observe safety and security procedures and use equipment and materials properly.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
Minimum of 21 years of age and 1 year experience working in a brewery is preferred. Candidates that have completed brewery specific education are exciting to us. The candidate should possess a strong understanding of all areas of safety and brewery standards as they relate to high quality processes and safety. Must be self-motivated, know how to use a computer, have excellent written skills and good verbal communication.
Candidates must be able to work under stressful situations unique to the manufacturing/production environment of a fast-paced brewery. This position also requires excellent time management and multi-tasking skills as well as very strong analytical and problem solving skills. Candidates must be proficient in MS Office software including Excel and Word. Experience with various Brewery Management Software is an added bonus but is not required.
Exhibit ‘A’ Brewing Company offers health, dental, and vision insurance to full-time employees; two weeks paid vacation after one year of employment; 401K; work boot reimbursement program; safety glasses reimbursement program; and a monthly taproom stipend.
Exhibit ‘A’ Brewing Company believes that a successful employee is one that is continuously learning. To foster a learning environment, Exhibit ‘A’ Brewing Company will pay for staff members to attend conferences, take continuing education training courses, certification programs, and in-house staff training on various job related topics.
Compensation – hourly, paid weekly, negotiable based on experience
Exhibit ‘A’ Brewing Company, Inc. is a craft brewery and taproom located in Framingham, MA. Employee benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K and a rewarding place to work built upon our values, our people, our world class beer, and our mission.
Exhibit ‘A’ Brewing Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Be sure to select BREWERY when filling out the form